1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- a nd/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I don't think I'm a yarn snob but I do like quality. I don't like acrylic much at all. Anything shiny, plasticky or squeaky sets my teeth on edge.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I'm a beginning spinner. I am tragically bad at crochet.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
Perfume gives me a headache.
4. How long have you been knitting?
I've known how to knit since I was a little girl (maybe around 10) but I didn't finish my first project until a little over a year ago when I was 33.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Amazon
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Lavender, Green Tea, Mint
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Yes! But I'm trying to tame it.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I make cold-processed soaps and toiletries. I have tons of scrapbook stuff but I never do it anymore because I can't put my knitting down.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Alternative rock--White Stripes, Foo Fighters. I have one of those little MP3 players that I use at the gym.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?
Burgundy, mauve, wine...I also love green.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm married with two little boys (4 and 6), a beagle, a cat and two hermit crabs.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
To become a film producer and work with my husband. And for my kids to grow up actually liking me.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Manos del Uruguay is a huge favorite of mine. I like to keep trying new things. I'm on an alpaca kick right now.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Novelty and component yarns, really fluffy or furry yarns.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Lace! Lace, lace, lace.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I think of myself mostly as a sweater knitter.
17. What are you knitting right now?
Backyard Leaves from Scarf Style, Flower Basket Shawl, Felted Floral Tote, Psychedelic Squares Afghan, Retro Prep, Birch Leaf Socks.
18. What do you think about ponchos?
Hate them. Let the trend die now. Please.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
21. Are you a sock knitter?
22. How did you learn to knit?
From a little pamphlet that my mother had used to learn when she was little.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
I still haven't sewn the buttons on to a toddler sweater I started in 1999 when I was pregnant with my second son.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
. Whales and sea otters.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
I don't think I have one. I'm not very into holidays. Maybe Chanukah?
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Vintage Fiesta (but not the red or yellow) and jadeite (especially canisters).
I love this new SP4 button!